karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject [UPDATE] New docker feature, new docker resources and official images
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2018 20:45:21 GMT
Hi guys,

as you might know, I worked on a new docker feature for Karaf.

The current work is here:

https://github.com/apache/karaf/pull/546

This branch is almost done and contains:

1. The docker resources allowing users to easily create Karaf Docker
image and start it.
2. The new docker feature (as part of the enterprise features
repository) allowing you to interact with docker directly from Karaf and
do a provisioning.

You can take a look on the updated user guide about docker to have a
complete overview:

https://github.com/jbonofre/karaf/blob/1b748eafe8e290df76bfd0c3c02af7051701dce0/manual/src/main/asciidoc/user-guide/docker.adoc

As part of the release process (starting from  4.2.1), I propose to
publish official Karaf image on Docker HUB.

I'm also preparing a blog post about that.

If you have any question or comment, please let me know. I plan to merge
the PR pretty soon.

Regards
JB
--