karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: JUnit test failure when playing with time zones
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2018 17:11:53 GMT
Thanks for the report.

AFAIR, we already did a couple of fixes around that.

Let me check.

Regards
JB

On 30/07/2018 17:36, Lukasz Lech wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After  pulling master of apache/karaf I've noticed test failure. Under Linux it fails
in Audit :: Core  :

> [ERROR] testFileSize(org.apache.karaf.audit.logger.EventLoggerTest)  Time elapsed: 0.118
s  <<< FAILURE!
> java.lang.AssertionError: expected:<[file-2017-11-17-2.log, file-2017-11-17.log, file.log]>
but was:<[file-2017-11-18-2.log, file-2017-11-18.log, file.log]>
>         at org.apache.karaf.audit.logger.EventLoggerTest.testFileSize(EventLoggerTest.java:230)
>
> I've forgotten that I've played with my time zone and set it to New Zealand (in order
to test our application if it deals correctly with non-central-european time zones). After
switching to CEST the tests run correctly, however, being in CEST I'm now in the same day
as GMT. I'm not sure if Java somehow 'know' that time zone set by timedatectl is not my 'real'
time zone (for example, by saving original timezone somewhere during installation) and the
problem would not occur for people that are really in New Zealand, but I feel that Junit tests
shouldn't fail because of such configuration.

> Could someone from that region (or working very late) check if the test fail always when
GMT shows other day than local time?

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org