karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Grzybek <gr.grzy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Simplify components and cleanup old versions in Jira
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2018 05:42:51 GMT
Hi

pon., 10 wrz 2018 o 07:23 Francois Papon <francois.papon@openobject.fr>
napisał(a):

> Hi,
>
> If we want we could use the "labels" for tag some issues.

I think it's good idea. Components were handy for me when I was looking for
"similar" issues to the one I was currently working on. But I agree that
users seldom set the component field correctly.
Labels could be used by devs after the issue was created.

Also - if Cave, Cellar, Decanter had separate jira projects, components
wouldn't be needed at all, but I think treating "component" as "subproject"
is fine.

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek