karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Grzybek <gr.grzy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bad commit https://github.com/apache/karaf/commit/62e832c7009b5b8beafd219ff7b6b66051205682
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2018 07:54:37 GMT
Hello

Yes - sorry that I've missed this thread. Summarizing here:

 - initially bp.core 1.10.0 changed the interfaces of property
placeholders, so existing camels stopped detecting them entirely :
ARIES-1298
 - so I've fixed camel to detect new interfaces : CAMEL-12570
 - then I fixed camel to detect new interfaces BY REFLECTION, so it would
work with old aries too : CAMEL-12570 (another commit)
 - and finally I changed Aries to preserve the hierarchy and bring backward
compatibility back so both old Camel, which is unaware of
org.apache.aries.blueprint.ext.PropertyPlaceholderExt and new Camel works
with both Aries bp.core <1.10.0 and >=1.10.1: ARIES-1858

tl;dr: don't use bp.core 1.10.0, upgrade Karaf 4.2.2 to bp.core 1.10.1.

best regards
Grzegorz Grzybek