karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Łukasz Dywicki <l...@code-house.org>
Subject Re: Android
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:27:11 GMT
Dear Joern,
I think there was no test for this so far. We need to take into
consideration few things. First of all Karaf is usually ran against
regular JRE/JDK distributions. Second big point is that some extensions
might pull things which will not be present on Android.

My proposal for you is to start from minimal distribution and see if it
starts properly. In case if you encounter any troubles you can try to
build a custom distribution which will strip problematic modules.

Some of modules such Karaf Features mechanism rely on presence of JAXB.
This is part which might require special care if you would like to get
it running.

Kind regards,
Łukasz