karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Varga <n...@hq.sk>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Add spotless to Karaf and subprojects
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2018 09:02:10 GMT
> Hi Lukasz,
>
> I tried to use the "standard" style supported by spotless. It's also
> possible to use a custom eclipse formatter.

FWIW, in ODL we started off with Google formatting (if I remember
correctly, it's 5+ years now), but decided to tweak it:

- max columns = 120
- indent = 4
- imports: groups only for static/non-static, alpha-sorted
- curly braces are never standalone (to save vertical space)

The resulting (checkstyle) rules are at
https://github.com/opendaylight/odlparent/blob/master/checkstyle/src/main/resources/odl_checks.xml

Regards,
Robert