karaf-dev mailing list archives

From David Daniel <david.daniel.1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Launching the kloud initiative
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2019 11:52:17 GMT
I really like the idea of the static build and features in code.  I think
the jdk is making great strides in getting java running well on docker
java 9 jlink for small images that can be copied and spun up quickly
java 10 defaults improvements https://aboullaite.me/docker-java-10/
portola for running java on musl (alpine without glibc)
https://openjdk.java.net/projects/portola/
loom is coming for not spinning off a ton of threads
If at all possible I would love to be able to build a minimal karaf
distribution with jlink from java module files that were generated from the
karaf resolver.  I think this might be a little much though and don't even
know if it is possible.  Just something that might be able to be looked at
while the code is being written.

David