karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Łukasz Dywicki <l...@code-house.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Introduce "static" resolver
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2019 22:18:02 GMT
My 0.02€. I had an attempt to use static assemblies and had to step back
from it. There is very little documentation on how to adjust tooling and
example which was pointed earlier does not answer all questions.

Second, also important thing, is having a static feature resolution
doesn't mean that we have completely static configuration. And that's
the case with framework-static AFAIR. Kubernetes can inject new config
maps without restarting process thus leaving possibility to react on
file change and push update Configuration Admin is something which is
still relevant.

Cheers,
Łukasz