karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Grzybek <gr.grzy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Preparing Karaf 4.2.6 and 4.3.0.RC1
Date Wed, 22 May 2019 09:55:44 GMT
Hello

pon., 20 maj 2019 o 10:55 Eric Lilja <mindcooler@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> Ah, that's great news! Looking forward to see the improved Pax Logging 1.x
> in 4.2.x then

I'm using this plugin[1] to ensure that I keep similar headers as in
1.10.1. The refactoring changes are huge (moving private classes between
pax-logging-api and the "backends" for example), but user-facing changes
are not that big so even if I was thinking about 2.0, I agree that there
could be 1.11.0 with my changes.
The most problematic is pax-logging-log4j2 which collects lots of
Import-Package entries from all the log4j2 artifacts. Here's the list from
1.10.1 (excluding the obvious javax.* and other that are really required):

 – com.conversantmedia.util.concurrent
 – com.fasterxml.jackson.annotation
 – com.fasterxml.jackson.core
 – com.fasterxml.jackson.core.type
 – com.fasterxml.jackson.core.util
 – com.fasterxml.jackson.databind
 – com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.annotation
 – com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std
 – com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.module
 – com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.node
 – com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ser
 – com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ser.impl
 – com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ser.std
 – com.fasterxml.jackson.dataformat.xml
 – com.fasterxml.jackson.dataformat.xml.annotation
 – com.fasterxml.jackson.dataformat.xml.util
 – com.fasterxml.jackson.dataformat.yaml
 – com.lmax.disruptor
 – com.lmax.disruptor.dsl
 – org.apache.commons.compress.compressors
 – org.apache.commons.compress.utils
 – org.apache.commons.csv
 – org.apache.kafka.clients.producer
 – org.codehaus.stax2
 – org.fusesource.jansi
 – org.jctools.queues
 – org.zeromq

I have an idea - to create additional pax-logging-log4j2-extra which could
be a fragment adding the above exports to original pax-logging-log4j2. This
way, "basic" pax-logging-log4j2 would be much less affected by refreshes
related to jackson or commons-*.

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek
===