karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Steinar Bang ...@dod.no>
Subject Re: What's the difference between org.osgi.core-6.0.0.jar and felix and/or equinox?
Date Sun, 23 Jun 2019 15:08:53 GMT

> Is org.osgi.core-6.0.0.jar a version of the felix framework?

No.

> Or does org.osgi.core-6.0.0.jar only contain interfaces used by all OSGi
> 6 frameworks?

Yes.

> (but if so: where does karaf find the framework it should use to boot)

It's in etc/config.properties :
 karaf.framework.felix=mvn\:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.framework/5.6.12

> Could the pax exam fix be to exclude the equinox and felix frameworks
> pulled into the classpath by transitive dependencies on the karaf JDBC
> feature?

Excluding both frameworks just makes startup fail because karaf boot is
unable to find the class org.osgi.framework.BundleException

> And/or should I add org.osgi.core-6.0.0.jar as a dependency to the pax
> exam test, to pull it into the classpath?

No.  By itself it isn't enough, and when a framework is loaded it
doesn't seem to make any difference whether it is included or not.

And including the 5.6.12 framework, which is the same one karaf 4.2.5
boots with, causes the boot to fail when trying to load the first bundle
listed in etc/startup.properties:
Exception in thread "KarafEmbeddedRunner" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at org.ops4j.pax.exam.karaf.container.internal.runner.KarafEmbeddedRunner$1.run(KarafEmbeddedRunner.java:96)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
	at org.ops4j.pax.exam.karaf.container.internal.runner.KarafEmbeddedRunner$1.run(KarafEmbeddedRunner.java:86)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error installing bundle listed in startup.properties
with url: mvn:org.apache.karaf.features/org.apache.karaf.features.extension/4.2.5 and startlevel:
1
	at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.installAndStartBundles(Main.java:530)
	at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.launch(Main.java:273)
	... 5 more
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not create bundle object.
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.installBundle(Felix.java:3095)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.installBundle(BundleContextImpl.java:167)
	at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.installAndStartBundles(Main.java:523)
	... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Unable to add extension bundle.
	at org.apache.felix.framework.ExtensionManager.addExtensionBundle(ExtensionManager.java:439)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.installBundle(Felix.java:3061)
	... 8 more