karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Rathgeb <maggu2...@gmail.com>
Subject R7 Configurator Spec. 1.0: start level
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2019 14:49:44 GMT
Hi,

after starting to use the configurator
(https://osgi.org/specification/osgi.cmpn/7.0.0/service.configurator.html)
I created a Karaf feature, so I can use my bundles in Karaf, too.

Here is just a snapshot of a working one:
https://github.com/maggu2810/playground-osgi/blob/5a7629e/features/runtime/src/main/feature/feature.xml

org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.configurator/1.0.10 needs an
JSON-P_1.1 (JSR-353) implementation.
This is provided e.g. by johnzon-core.

The implementation is accessed by the service loader (SPI), so I used
org.apache.aries.spifly/org.apache.aries.spifly.dynamic.bundle/1.2.3

The JSON-P implementation needs to be provided by the service loader
as soon as the configurator is started.
What's your intention (I assume you will add such a feature to Karaf
4.3) about the start-levels?

Is there an official guideline about the choose (e.g. 5, 20, 30, ...)
of start-level and how Karaf defines it in its official features?

SPI Fly uses 30 in the official Karaf features.
We could use > 30 for the configurator and ensure Johnzon Core also
uses =30 or what's your suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
Markus