karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Steinar Bang ...@dod.no>
Subject Re: Issue in bin/inc on 4.3.0-SNAPSHOT and 4.2.7-SNAPSHOT
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2019 19:27:13 GMT

> Quick update about the bin/inc issue: it seems to be an environment
> issue on one of my machine (I'm suspecting the CRLF git config).
> I tested the SNAPSHOT deployed by Jenkins and it's working fine.

JB, FWIW, I run with an LF only setup, and this is how I do it:
 1. I add an .editorconfig like this to all projects (works with
    IntelliJ, eclipse and emacs, and probably more):
     https://github.com/steinarb/authservice/blob/master/.editorconfig#L1
 2. After cloning a repo on windows, before starting work, I do the
    following:
     git config core.eol lf
     git config core.autocrlf input
     git rm -rf --cached .
     git reset --hard HEAD
   (it's a an annoyance (but a minor one) to remember to do this after a
   fresh clone.  However after being bitten by strange behaviour and
   unexpected results, I stay away from global git settings, and checked
   in .gitconfig files)