karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Subject Re: Hello World!
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2019 04:45:26 GMT
Hi,

it was not so much karaf (I kind of liked it from the start) it was rather OSGi.
We come from spring and when I looked through all the osgi material lots of it seemed strange
and confusing like Aries, Blueprint, DS, enRoute, ... .
Serge helped me a lot with sorting the things in my head and getting all clear (also with
bundle vs. feature vs. feature-repo) and DS stuff and lots more.
So I think Karaf is already doing an excellent job its rather the OSGi world that is damn
confusing and one thing that probably could help is a small OSGi introduction or something.

I hope that helps!
Julian