karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Donate Winegrower as Karaf subproject, OSGi flavor with flat/single classloader runtime
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2019 13:18:05 GMT
Yeah, it's more then just the single classpath. The "cepage"/extension
are also key, the agent is also very interesting.
I also think it's a good codebase for Karaf tooling.

Regards
JB

> I looked more into the documentation and it seems that Winegrower supports
> more than just running in a single classpath.
> It is also about assembling the application and custom annotations.
> Interesting concept.
>
> Christian
>
> Am Do., 31. Okt. 2019 um 13:05 Uhr schrieb Christian Schneider <
> chris@die-schneider.net>:
>
>> Winegrower sounds similar to felix connect (aka pojo sr).
>> Can you elaborate how it is different?
>>
>> Christian
>>
>> Am Di., 29. Okt. 2019 um 10:16 Uhr schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofré <
>> jb@nanthrax.net>:
>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> For some months now, Romain and I worked on a PoC named Winegrower.
>>>
>>> Winegrower provides three modules:
>>>
>>> 1. a Java runtime with OSGi programming model with a flat/single
>>> classloader.
>>>
>>> 2. Winegrower "Cepages" are extensions (similar to spring-boot starter)
>>> that allows you to easily add flavors to your applications running with
>>> Winegrower.
>>>
>>> 3. Java agent to add winegrower at low level and get turnkey feature
>>> like monitoring, etc.
>>>
>>> We think Winegrower would be a great addition to Karaf for two reasons:
>>>
>>> 1. It's a first implementation about a flat/single classloader approach
>>> for OSGi. I know OSGi Alliance (and especially Ray) is thinking about

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org