karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Logging into DB
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2019 15:07:16 GMT
Hi,

You have two ways to do that:

1. Using Karaf Decanter
The log collector can get any log from Karaf and send to the JDBC
appender to store into the database.
It doesn't require any change in etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg, just
Decanter log collector and jdbc appender to install and configure to
match your needs.

2. Add JDBC log4j appender in etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg. As this
appender is not part of pax-logging, you need to add this with fragment.
You can find an example here with a custom appender:
https://github.com/apache/karaf/tree/master/examples/karaf-log-appender-example

Let me know if you need more details and support.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré