karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Donate Winegrower as Karaf subproject, OSGi flavor with flat/single classloader runtime
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2019 13:18:01 GMT
Hi Julian,

If missing about an optional dependency or so it likely sounds a bug either
in the feature design or packaging.
Winegrower using a flat classloader can fully rely on maven/gradle/whatever
dependency management+packaging and therefore will just rely on poms
(likely of caves) as spring does with its starters so sounds iso there.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Le mer. 30 oct. 2019 à 12:50, Julian Feinauer <j.feinauer@pragmaticminds.de>
a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> so first, sorry fort he confusion (was typing on my mobile with brain
> already in chill-mode).
> Whenever I try to start a bundle it does not work and I get that "missing
> whatever" exception.
>
> In Spring I just have a set of autoconfigs and it just works.
>
> So the question is whether "big" features are similar to that (as it works
> then with caps/reqs) or if we could go even further and have a local
> "repository" which, e.g. caches tons of stuff from a source (like maven
> central) and looks stuff up there.
>
> Is it clearer now?
>
> Julian
>
> Am 30.10.19, 06:35 schrieb "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <jb@nanthrax.net>:
>
>     About spring "auto" like, in "pure" Karaf it's already possible using
>     caps/reqs: the resolver can find in the resources repository the
>     bundles/features providing the capability matching a requirement of
> your
>     bundle/feature and then install it "automatically".
>
>     Regarding winegrower, as we use a single classloader, it's actually
>     easier as it can embed the transitive dependency. It can be done at
>     build time.
>
>     Not sure I fully get the question either ;)
>
>     Regards
>     JB
>
>     On 29/10/2019 22:44, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>     > Hi Julian,
>     >
>     > Not sure I fully get the question, boot autoconfig is an activator +
> ioc
>     > integration (services to simplify) so this sounds doable but not
>     > winegrowser specific - karaf as well can benefit from the
>     > activation/deactivation of bundles based on a simplified api/config.
>     >
>     > What it will not do is download and deploy a bundle for security
> reasons
>     > and consistence with the flat classpath goal - the layer on top can,
> like
>     > tomcat to tease one deployment env ;).
>     >
>     > Hope it makes sense.
>     >
>     > Le mar. 29 oct. 2019 à 21:43, Julian Feinauer <
> j.feinauer@pragmaticminds.de>
>     > a écrit :
>     >
>     >> Hi folks,
>     >>
>     >> I do not yet fully understand the implications of that so I will
> have a
>     >> look at the code the next days.
>     >>
>     >> Regarding spring Boot like behavior... Would it be possible to auto
> deploy
>     >> all missing bundles based on a library or something like spring auto
>     >> configuration does?
>     >> This would really make it more easy to use bundles
>     >>
>     >> Julian
>     >> ________________________________
is
>     >>>>> thinking about that.
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>> 2. It's a great start to provide better tooling around OSGi
and
>     >> Karaf.
>     >>>>> The idea is to have
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>> Just to be clear, you can develop an application and test it
with
>     >>>>> Winegrower. Then, you can run the application using a simple
JVM