karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Board report for this quarter
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2019 12:27:22 GMT
Hi guys,

here's the board report I prepared for this month:

Apache Karaf provides a modern and polymorphic applications runtime,
multi-purpose (microservices, cloud, IoT, OSGi, etc).

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Membership Data:
Apache Karaf was founded 2010-06-16 (9 years ago)
There are currently 31 committers and 17 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 8:5.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Francois Papon on 2018-11-29.
- No new committers. Last addition was Francois Papon on 2018-05-19.

## Project Activity:
We did a complete refactoring on Karaf Cave and did two releases:
* Cave 4.2.1 was released on 2019-12-02.
* Cave 4.2.0 was released on 2019-10-31.
We also did a Karaf runtime maintenance release:
* 4.2.7 was released on 2019-09-29.
We also vote the donation of Winegrower as new Apache Karaf subprojec.
A first Winegrower release will happen soon.

## Community Health:
* dev@karaf.apache.org had a 82% increase in traffic in the past quarter
  (223 emails compared to 122)
* user@karaf.apache.org had a 35% increase in traffic in the past quarter
  (405 emails compared to 298)
* 126 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (53% increase)
* 98 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (66% increase)
* 199 commits in the past quarter (61% increase)
* 19 code contributors in the past quarter (72% increase)
* 118 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (81% increase)
* 115 PRs closed on GitHub, past quarter (101% increase)
We also started and helped other communities during the past quarter:
* discussion with Apache PLC4X about OSGi/Karaf adoption
* help Apache Unomi to upgrade to the latest Karaf releases branch

I'm also upgrading cwiki.

Please, let me know if I missed something or you want some changes.

Thanks !
Regards
JB
--