karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofre ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject [HEADS UP] Docker friendly runtime with env variables compliant configuration
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2020 08:51:07 GMT
Hi guys,

In order to easily use Karaf in docker container, I created the following PR:

https://github.com/apache/karaf/pull/1203 <https://github.com/apache/karaf/pull/1203>

The purpose is allow use to override some configuration properties using env variables.

For instance, if you want to use 8102 instead of default 8101 ssh port number, you can do:

$ export KARAF_SSH_PORT=8102
$ bin/karaf

I listed the environment variables here:
https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/4eda325e73d1d7dfbc0508258bde582e93d4f05e/manual/src/main/asciidoc/user-guide/configuration.adoc
<https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/4eda325e73d1d7dfbc0508258bde582e93d4f05e/manual/src/main/asciidoc/user-guide/configuration.adoc>

I didn’t define environment variables for all properties. If you see some properties that
it would be interesting to override by env variables, please let me know, I will update the
PR.

NB: I will also update pax* to use similar approach.

Thoughts ?

Regards
JB