karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Bordelon <mborde...@savoirtech.com>
Subject KARAF DECANTER Elastic Search Collector configuration for Kibana
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2020 22:49:18 GMT
Hello Karaf experts.

I have followed the documentation http://karaf.apache.org/manual/decanter/latest-2/html/#_prometheus
<http://karaf.apache.org/manual/decanter/latest-2/html/#_prometheus> while going through
JBO’s blog http://blog.nanthrax.net/?p=715 <http://blog.nanthrax.net/?p=715> with
his quick start.

Unfortunately, try as I might, I cannot get the elastic search collector to read the host/port
values in my config file org.apache.karaf.decanter.collector.elasticsearch.cfg. The logs show
only that localhost:9200 is being read from, and since there is no local elastic search, it
fails and doesnt start kibana.

Here is the important exceprt content of my config file:
#addresses=http://elasticsearch-vela-1.sit.etrade.com:9200 addresses=http://ceng4w100m3.etrade.com:7070/logsearch-sit

Is a local elastic search absolutely necessary to run kibana on the karaf container?

Thanks,
Mark Bordelon