karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jean-Baptiste Onofre ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Apache Karaf runtime 4.3.0 - Decision taken
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2020 07:32:46 GMT
Hi guys,

Just a quick update about Karaf 4.3.0 preparation.

I updated master to use Pax Web 7.3.9 and cleanup some useless features (like Jetty to relay
on the Pax Web one).

I’m now upgrading the example to be R7 focused (especially using the R7 annotations) and
adding a first set of specs features.

I’m also working on some third party releases we need (like Felix SCR, Aries Blueprint,
SMX Activation spec bundle.

4.3.0 release should be submitted to vote soon.


> Le 4 sept. 2020 à 17:46, Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb@nanthrax.net> a écrit :
> Hi guys,
> I have to take my duty as Karaf PMC ;)
> Clearly Karaf 4.3.0 is waiting for way too long: 4.3.0-SNAPSHOT started on Feb 11, 2019
> I discussed with Greg earlier today, and we still have work to do for Pax Web 8.0.
> As I don’t want to hold Karaf 4.3.0 any longer, I took the decision to move forward
and upgrade Karaf 4.3.0 to Pax Web 7.3.x.
> If Pax Web 7.3.x doesn’t fully cover R7, it covers 90% of the spec, and I’m pretty
sure most of the users don’t use the pending 10%.
> So, here’s my proposal:
> - I’m working on Pax Web 7.3.9 preparation during the week end (updating container,
> - In the meantime, I’m preparing Karaf 4.3.0 with a cleanup of the features and easy
choice between Pax Web and Felix HTTP for the HTTP service
> - In also reviewing the Jira to include the maximum I can in 4.3.0.
> Reasonably, I think I will submit Karaf runtime 4.3.0 to vote next week (strong commitment).
> If you have any concern or comment about this plan, please let me know.
> Thanks !
> Regards
> JB

View raw message