karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Grzybek <gr.grzy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Releases schedule: 4.2.10, 4.3.0.RC2, Winegrower 1.0
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2020 06:57:29 GMT
Thanks Romain! Answers inline:

pon., 31 sie 2020 o 08:57 Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>
napisał(a):

> Hi Greg,
>
> AFAIK there is no "bye bye" ;).
> ServletContainerInitializer are not in he whiteboard so you make them
> behave as you want and any servlet container has 2 impl of the servlet
> context, one for SCI and one for the runtime (where most registration
> methods throw exceptions).

Good idea! I already have two implementations (per
ServletContextHelper/HttpContext and per servlet/filter as depicted in
"140.2.7 Relation to the Servlet Container") and indeed - it's great idea
to pass different context to container initializer, while the existing
context will be throwing UnsupportedOperationException - thanks!

> So it means pax-web can keep being whiteboard++ (ie whiteboard + SCI) by
> having these 2 (sadly custom) impl too and rewire it to the runtime
> properly.
> I fear you will need to do as for http felix impl - ie a filter chain
> dispatcher - but this is not crazy and solves all the issues you
> mentionned enabling to have all the desired features. Indeed, pax
> wouldnt 1-1 delegate to the servlet container but it would be http
> whiteboard compatible and still support JSF, JSP, etc..

No need to change anything what's already in master-improvements branch. I
added some filterchains to handle security and preprocessors, so everything
is ready, but nothing has to be adjusted for ServletContainerInitializers.

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek