karaf-user mailing list archives

From abdelb <abde...@live.co.uk>
Subject Extremely verbose and strange bundle name in Karaf 4.2.2
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2019 13:00:16 GMT
I want to have xalan.jar wrapped as a feature in my custom distribution. To
do this I write:

/<feature name="xalan" version="${xalan.version}">
    <bundle>wrap:mvn:xalan/${xalan.version}</bundle>
</feature> /

But when deployed on my Karaf instance in bundle:list it has a
horrible/unreadable name:

/wrap_file_<very long path>_system_xalan_2.7.2_xalan-2.7.2.jar/

Is there a way to have a more appropriate name for this bundle? And If I put
a new version in deploy (in the future), can I have it replace the existing
bundle rather than have both versions of it coexisting?