karaf-user mailing list archives

From t..@quarendon.net
Subject Re: Replacing or blacklisting felix fileinstall
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2019 17:15:23 GMT
> I've implemented a SQL mechanism for persisting configurations. I started
> by trying to implement a custom persistence mechanism for Felix CM. This
> didn't work (see
> http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Custom-PersistenceManager-configurations-not-instantiating-components-td4052786.html#a4052799
> ).
>
> What I ended up doing was having a component which just interacted with
> Configuration Admin (creating configurations at startup; updating the
> database when modifications occur; deleting configurations at shutdown).
> File install is still running - it creates files when my component creates
> configurations, and updates & deletes them as necessary.
>
> The only downside I've found is the factory configurations get a new PID
> every time Karaf starts (as you can't specify the pid for a new factory
> configuration - though I understand this is possible in new versions of
> Config Admin).

That's the kind of thing I want to do. I have had success with a custom PersistenceManager
before, but fileinstall got in the way, and there was a change in behaviour at some point
that affected things (this is going back a year or so).
So my first aim is to get fileinstall out of the way and put a simpler component in that will
just statically load the config from the .cfg files in etc. Then I'll play with trying to
save any dynamic changes.

Thanks. Good to know that someone's had at least some kind of success with this sort of thing.