karaf-user mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: karaf 4.2.2 with OpenJDK 11 on windows
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2019 03:52:32 GMT
Hi Doug,

Karaf 4.2.3 fixed several jdk11 related issues and we strongly recommend you to switch to
Karaf 4.2.3 if you want to use JDK11.

Cheers
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.

> On Mar 6, 2019, at 7:46 AM, Jackson, Douglas <douglas.s.jackson@siemens.com> wrote:
>
> Hi!
> The OOTB karaf 4.2.2 does not start up when used with OpenJDK 11 – it seems to lock
up on startup.  I replaced the karaf.bat file with the karaf 4.2.3 karaf.bat file.
> After that the karaf 4.2.2 at least starts up, but I get exceptions.
> 4.2.3 seems to fix these, but switching to that release would set my product release
back several months.
> Can anyone tell me if there is a small fix that might enable me to get around these issues
on 4.2.2?
> Thanks in advance,
> Doug
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/karaf/specs/locator/OsgiLocator
>                at org.apache.karaf.specs.activator.Activator.register(Activator.java:124)
~[?:?]
>                at org.apache.karaf.specs.activator.Activator.bundleChanged(Activator.java:96)
~[?:?]

> If I add in “war” in the boot features, then I see the following:
>
> karaf@root()> org.apache.karaf.features.internal.util.MultiException: Error restarting
bundles:
>         Activator start error in bundle org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty [136].
>         at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:1005)
>            <snip>
>         at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:825)
>         Suppressed: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error in bundle
org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty [136].
>            <snip>
>         Caused by: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Weaving hook failed.
>                 at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoader.transformClass(BundleWiringImpl.java:24
>           <snip>
>         Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unknown protocol: jrt
>
> openjdk version "11.0.2" 2019-01-15
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.2+9)
> Eclipse OpenJ9 VM AdoptOpenJDK (build openj9-0.12.1, JRE 11 Windows 10 amd64-64-Bit Compressed
References 20190204_123 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)