karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Replacing or blacklisting felix fileinstall
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2019 14:59:22 GMT
Hi,

that's normal as fileinstall is loaded BEFORE the feature service.

You should remove fileinstall from etc/startup.properties to remove it.

Regards
JB

On 13/03/2019 14:50, tom@quarendon.net wrote:
> I'm trying to experiment with an alternative way of loading up configuration. So my goal
is to disable felix fileinstall and provide an alternative implementation of the org.apache.felix.cm.PersistenceManager
interface.

> However, so far I'm having great difficulty either blacklisting fileinstall or replacing
it.

> in etc/org.apache.karaf.features.xml I have tried:
>
>     <blacklistedBundles>
>         <bundle>mvn:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.fileinstall</bundle>
>     </blacklistedBundles>
>
> However I can't get this to have any effect. I have traced through with a debugger, and
the LocationPattern.matches method is returning true, and it appears to be doing the right
thing at that level, but the bundle still starts. I can't see any log messages that might
be relevant.

> I also tried using <bundleReplacements> in that file too. I had slight success
-- I can use:
>     <bundleReplacements>
>         <bundle
>           originalUri="mvn:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.fileinstall"
>           replacement="mvn:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.fileinstall/3.6.5-SNAPSHOT"/>
> 	</bundleReplacements>
>
> and can compile my own version of fileinstall 3.6.5 and I can see that it's being loaded
in.

> I say can. I could. I did that this morning, though I seem unable to reproduce that now,
I'm getting both versions of the bundle now. Anyway, I struggled to change the group and artifact
to something else (wasn't changing any code, I was just changing the pom to change the maven
coordinates it was building to and then trying to reference that in the replacement url).
But as soon as I did that it went back to loading the original.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org