kudu-user mailing list archives

From David Alves <davidral...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: in clause issue
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2016 19:01:47 GMT
Hi Nick

 This is where the debug symbols would have helped :)
 Was the table created through impala? seems like impala sees a null column
value in a kudu row and is trying to set a slot to null on the impala side
but that slot is not nullable... In particular do the primary keys of the
kudu and impala schema match precisely?
  Any way that you can share an anonymized version of the table ddl (you
can do it in private if you prefer) and create table code if there is any?

Best
David

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Nick Wolf <nickwolf7@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> com.cloudera.impala.catalog.ImpaladCatalog.addTable(ImpaladCatalog.java:350)
>         at
> com.cloudera.impala.catalog.ImpaladCatalog.addCatalogObject(ImpaladCatalog.java:246)
>         at
> com.cloudera.impala.catalog.ImpaladCatalog.updateCatalog(ImpaladCatalog.java:132)
>         at
> com.cloudera.impala.service.Frontend.updateCatalogCache(Frontend.java:217)
>         at
> com.cloudera.impala.service.JniFrontend.updateCatalogCache(JniFrontend.java:163)
> E0210 01:23:49.270232 16187 ImpaladCatalog.java:134] Error adding catalog
> object: null
> Java exception follows:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> com.cloudera.impala.catalog.ImpaladCatalog.addTable(ImpaladCatalog.java:350)
>         at
> com.cloudera.impala.catalog.ImpaladCatalog.addCatalogObject(ImpaladCatalog.java:246)
>         at
> com.cloudera.impala.catalog.ImpaladCatalog.updateCatalog(ImpaladCatalog.java:132)
>         at
> com.cloudera.impala.service.Frontend.updateCatalogCache(Frontend.java:217)
>         at
> com.cloudera.impala.service.JniFrontend.updateCatalogCache(JniFrontend.java:163)
> F0210 01:35:26.556763 18613 kudu-scanner.cc:251] Check failed:
> slot.is_nullable()
> *** Check failure stack trace: ***
>     @          0x20b2dbd  (unknown)
>     @          0x20b4c45  (unknown)
>     @          0x20b2913  (unknown)
>     @          0x20b559e  (unknown)
>     @          0x16c3079  (unknown)
>     @          0x16c3582  (unknown)
>     @          0x16c2d78  (unknown)
>     @          0x16c1d3d  (unknown)
>     @          0x167681a  (unknown)
>     @          0x167ae8a  (unknown)
>     @          0x167acbe  (unknown)
>     @          0x167a797  (unknown)
>     @          0x167a411  (unknown)
>     @          0x121d73c  (unknown)
>     @          0x1422f03  (unknown)
>     @          0x142c15f  (unknown)
>     @          0x142c0a9  (unknown)
>     @          0x142c06e  (unknown)
>     @     0x7f9c16ae1a4a  (unknown)
>     @     0x7f9c15f8e182  start_thread
>     @     0x7f9c13c3647d  (unknown)
>

> On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 4:21 PM, Todd Lipcon <todd@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
>> [off-list]
>>
>> Glad to hear you got it built. Was curious to hear a bit about your use
>> case. Are you running Kudu now for a production use case? Or doing some
>> early experimentation? Just curious to hear what our users are doing with
>> the software, and if there are any things that you think we should be
>> focusing on as we move forward.
>>
>> -Todd
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Nick Wolf <nickwolf7@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Fix is working like charm. Thanks for your support. Hoping for 0.7.0

that helps.

building the

provided by

one of the above