kudu-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Birdsell <jordan.birdsell.k...@statefarm.com>
Subject RE: Encryption
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 16:45:05 GMT
Thanks Todd.  From a roadmap perspective, do think this will be the recommended way of enabling
encryption for Kudu or should a design be put together for something more integrated with
Kudu itself?

From: Todd Lipcon [mailto:todd@cloudera.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 12:31 PM
To: user@kudu.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Encryption

Hi Jordan,

I'm not aware of someone doing this yet, but since dm-crypt operates at the device level and
not the filesystem level, I don't see any reasons it wouldn't work.

It's possible some developers here have already been running like this if they use dm-crypt
on their laptops. Maybe someone else will pipe up if they have tried it.

-Todd

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 8:26 AM, Jordan Birdsell <jordan.birdsell.kdvm@statefarm.com<mailto:jordan.birdsell.kdvm@statefarm.com>>