kudu-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Kim <bbuil...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance Question
Date Sat, 28 May 2016 01:04:48 GMT
I am just curious. How will Kudu compare with Aerospike (http://www.aerospike.com)? I went
to a Spark Roadshow and found out about this piece of software. It appears to fit our use
case perfectly since we are an ad-tech company trying to leverage our user profiles data.
Plus, it already has a Spark connector and has a SQL-like client. The tables can be accessed
using Spark SQL DataFrames and, also, made into SQL tables for direct use with Spark SQL ODBC/JDBC
Thriftserver. I see from the work done here http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/2992/ that
the Spark integration is well underway and, from the looks of it lately, almost complete.
I would prefer to use Kudu since we are already a Cloudera shop, and Kudu is easy to deploy
and configure using Cloudera Manager. I also hope that some of Aerospike’s speed optimization
techniques can make it into Kudu in the future, if they have not been already thought of or
included.

Just some thoughts…

Cheers,
Ben