kudu-user mailing list archives

From Sand Stone <sand.m.st...@gmail.com>
Subject best practices to remove/retire data
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 15:16:36 GMT
Hi. Presumably I need to write a program to delete the unwanted rows, say,
remove all data older than 3 days, while the table is still ingesting new
data.

How well will this perform for large tables? Both deletion and ingestion
wise.

Or for this specific case that I retire data by day, I should create a new
table per day. However then the users have to be aware of the table naming
scheme somehow. If a mention policy is changed. all the client side code
might have to change (sure we can have one level of indirection to minimize
the pain).

Thanks.