kudu-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Partition and Split rows
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 22:57:17 GMT
We do have non-covering range partitions coming in the next few months,
here's the design (in review):
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/2772/9/docs/design-docs/non-covering-range-partitions.md

The "Background & Motivation" section should give you a good idea of why
I'm mentioning this.

Meanwhile, if you don't need row locality, using hash partitioning could be
good enough.

J-D