Hi Sand,

I've been working on some diagrams to help explain some of the more advanced partitioning types, it's attached.   Still pretty rough at this point, but the goal is to clean it up and move it into the Kudu documentation proper.  I'm interested to hear what kind of time series you are interested in Kudu for.  I'm tasked with improving Kudu for time series, you can follow progress here. If you have any additional ideas I'd love to hear them.  You may also be interested in a small project that a JD and I have been working on in the past week to build an OpenTSDB style store on top of Kudu, you can find it here.  Still quite feature limited at this point.

- Dan