kudu-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: RLE encoding limitation
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 21:34:02 GMT
Hi James,

Yes, that's correct. Unfortunately right now the RLE encoding code doesn't
support int64.

I'd suggest trying the "BIT_SHUFFLE" encoding, which can get you a lot of
the same benefits as RLE and does work on int64.

Since it seems you're good at checking out the code, I'd also be happy to
review a patch to fix this if you want to give it a try :)

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera