kudu-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Data encryption in kudu
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2016 08:02:38 GMT
Hi Amit,

None of the developers at Cloudera are currently working on it, and we
don't have a projected timeline yet. That said:

- it doesn't preclude a community contribution in this area. Would be happy
to guide someone down this path if there's interest.
- we have some preliminary test results that Kudu can function fine on a
drive protected using dmcrypt (eg using Cloudera's Navigator Encrypt
product, but also possible with manual setup)

Thanks
-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon