kudu-user mailing list archives

From Mike Percy <mpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Backup and restore of Kudu Metadata/Data
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 20:15:56 GMT
Hi Amit,
If you only want to restore a single table then the data part should be
easy, since you can only snapshot scan the data of a single table at a
given time.

An alternative way to restore a table is to look at the web UI and check
out the create table statement shown there. It should list partitions, etc.
If you copy that DDL then you can use that to recreate the table and then
reload the data from the snapshot scan. I am assuming you would use
something like HDFS to store the results of the snapshot scan. However that
would be a somewhat manual process, we need to improve this.

A couple other things to note:
1. Kudu doesn't currently provide table-wide snapshot scan consistency. The
snapshot scan will be consistent on a per-tablet basis, however.
2. Using a snapshot scan will not restore the historical MVCC data after
you load the snapshot.

Best,
Mike