kudu-user mailing list archives

From Mac Noland <mcdonaldnol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Backup and restore of Kudu Metadata/Data
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 02:05:12 GMT
>From an Impala perspective, is making a scheduled copy of the table into
HDFS an option for you?

http://kudu.apache.org/faq.html

How can I back up my Kudu data?
<http://kudu.apache.org/faq.html#how-can-i-back-up-my-kudu-data>

Kudu doesn’t yet have a built-in backup mechanism. Similar to bulk loading
data, Impala can help if you have it available. You can use it to copy your
data into Parquet format using a statement like:

INSERT INTO TABLE some_parquet_table SELECT * FROM kudu_table

then use distcp <http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.1/distcp2.html> to copy
the Parquet data to another cluster. While Kudu is in beta, we’re not
expecting people to deploy mission-critical workloads on it yet.