kudu-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Kim <bbuil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark on Kudu Roadmap
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2017 18:55:12 GMT
Hi Mike,

I believe what we are looking for is this below. It is an often request use case.

Anyone know if the Spark package will ever allow for creating tables in Spark SQL?

Such as:
       CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE <table-name>
       USING org.apache.kudu.spark.kudu
       OPTIONS (Map("kudu.master" -> “<kudu-master>", "kudu.table" -> “table-name”));

In this way, plain SQL can be used to do DDL, DML statements whether in Spark SQL code or
using JDBC to interface with Spark SQL Thriftserver.

Thanks,
Ben

> On Mar 27, 2017, at 11:01 AM, Mike Percy <mpercy@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Ben,
> Is there anything in particular you are looking for?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 9:48 AM, Benjamin Kim <bbuild11@gmail.com <mailto:bbuild11@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any plans for deeper integration with Spark especially Spark SQL? Is there
a roadmap to look at, so I can know what to expect in the future?