kudu-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Kim <bbuil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark on Kudu Roadmap
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2017 18:06:34 GMT
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the link. I guess further, deeper Spark integration is slowly coming. But when,
we will have to wait and see.

Cheers,
Ben

> On Mar 27, 2017, at 12:25 PM, Mike Percy <mpercy@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Ben,
> I don't really know so I'll let someone else more familiar with the Spark integration
chime in on that. However I searched the Kudu JIRA and I don't see a tracking ticket filed
on this (the closest thing I could find was https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KUDU-1676
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KUDU-1676> ) so you may want to file a JIRA to
help track this feature.

> Mike
>

> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 11:55 AM, Benjamin Kim <bbuild11@gmail.com <mailto:bbuild11@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I believe what we are looking for is this below. It is an often request use case.
>
> Anyone know if the Spark package will ever allow for creating tables in Spark SQL?
>
> Such as:
>        CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE <table-name>
>        USING org.apache.kudu.spark.kudu
>        OPTIONS (Map("kudu.master" -> “<kudu-master>", "kudu.table" -> “table-name”));
>
> In this way, plain SQL can be used to do DDL, DML statements whether in Spark SQL code
or using JDBC to interface with Spark SQL Thriftserver.

> Thanks,
> Ben
>

>> On Mar 27, 2017, at 11:01 AM, Mike Percy <mpercy@apache.org <mailto:mpercy@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> Hi Ben,
>> Is there anything in particular you are looking for?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 9:48 AM, Benjamin Kim <bbuild11@gmail.com <mailto:bbuild11@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are there any plans for deeper integration with Spark especially Spark SQL? Is there
a roadmap to look at, so I can know what to expect in the future?