kudu-user mailing list archives

From jose antonio rodriguez diaz <josearodrigu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to access to apache kudu table created from impala using apache spark?
Date Sun, 28 May 2017 22:45:40 GMT
Hi Ryan,

You were right, it worked perfectly. Thanks a lot.

<mailto:josearodriguezd@gmail.com>> wrote:
> I downloaded the quickstart VM of apache kudu and I have followed the examples just like
they appears in this page https://kudu.apache.org/docs/quickstart.html <https://kudu.apache.org/docs/quickstart.html>,
in fact I created the table named "sfmta" but when I tried to to access to the kudu table
using spark-shell with the following sentence:

> val df = spark.sqlContext.read.options(Map("kudu.master" -> "quickstart.cloudera:7051","kudu.table"
-> "sfmta")).kudu
> I get this error
>
> org.apache.kudu.client.NonRecoverableException: The table does not exist: table_name:
"sfmta"
> I have tried also specifying different tables names like "default:sfmta", "default::sfmta"
with the same result. Could you tell me why is this happening? why I can not access to kudu
table? is this for being created with impala?