kudu-user mailing list archives

From Andrey Kuznetsov <Andrey_Kuznet...@epam.com>
Subject [kudu] import from hdfs
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2017 16:05:15 GMT
Hi folk,
I have a problem with hdfs to kudu performance, I have created external table with CSV data
and ran "insert as select"  from it to kudu-table and to parquet-table:
Importing to parquet-table is 3x faster than to kudu - do you know some tips/tricks to increase
performance of import?
actually I am importing 8TB of data, so it is critical for me,

Best regards,
ANDREY KUZNETSOV
Software Engineering Team Leader, Assessment Global Discipline Head (Java)

Office: +7 482 263 00 70 x 42766<tel:+7%20482%20263%2000%2070;ext=42766>   Cell: +7
920 154 05 72<tel:+7%20920%20154%2005%2072>   Email: andrey_kuznetsov@epam.com<mailto:andrey_kuznetsov@epam.com>
Tver, Russia   epam.com<http://www.epam.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION AND DISCLAIMER
This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which it
is addressed and contains information that is legally privileged and confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited. All unintended recipients are obliged to delete
this message and destroy any printed copies.