kudu-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: new Kudu benchmarks
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2018 19:06:34 GMT
Hey Boris,

Thanks for publishing this. It's a great look at how an end user evaluates
Kudu. I appreciate that you cover both the pros and cons of the technology,
and glad to see that your conclusion leaves you excited about Kudu :)

One quick note is that I think you'll be even more pleased when you upgrade
to a later version (eg Kudu 1.5). We've improved performance in several
areas and also improved scalability compared to the version you're testing.
TIMESTAMP is also supported now, with DECIMAL soon to follow. It might be
worth noting this as an addendum to the blog post if you feel like it.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera