kudu-user mailing list archives

From Boris Tyukin <bo...@boristyukin.com>
Subject Re: new Kudu benchmarks
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2018 01:50:15 GMT
Hi Todd,

thanks for your feedback! sure will be happy to update my post with your
suggestions. I am not sure Apache Parquet will be clear though as some
might understand it as using parquet files with Hive or Spark. What do you
think about "Impala on Kudu vs Impala on Parquet"? Realistically, for BI
users, Impala is the only option now with Kudu. Not many typical users will
use Kudu API clients or even Spark and Hive serde for Kudu does not exist.

As for decimals, this is exciting news. Where can I found info about
timestamp support? I saw this JIRA
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-5137

but I was a bit confused by the actual change. It looked like a workaround
to do a conversion on the fly for impala but not actually store proper
timestamps in Kudu. Maybe I misread that. I thought the idea was to add a
proper support in Kudu so timestamp can be used as a type with other
clients not only Impala. If you can clarify that, it would be great

Boris