kudu-user mailing list archives

From Nabeelah Harris <nabeelah.har...@impact.com>
Subject Check existing range partitions using the Java API
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2019 14:33:31 GMT
Hi there

Currently, the only method available on KuduTable to check which
partitions already exist is 'KuduTable.getFormattedRangePartitions'.
This however looks to be experimental and only intended for use by
Impala. Other than replicating the logic used in the above-mentioned
method, is there any way I can easily retrieve the range partitions
(or partitions at all) using the Java API? My use-case at the moment
is to create range partitions based on the data I am about to insert,
and to do so I want to first check if that range partition already
exists, to prevent errors.

Thanks
Nabeelah