kudu-user mailing list archives

From Adar Lieber-Dembo <a...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Check existing range partitions using the Java API
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2019 05:58:22 GMT
Here are some other options:
1. Use the new KuduPartitioner class, available in master but not yet
in any releases. Given a PartialRow (i.e. a row to be inserted), you
can find its "partition index" and, more importantly for your use
case, receive an exception if no partition exists for the row.
2. Insert the data anyway, and rely on per-row errors to tell you that
a partition is missing. This is a more "optimistic" approach, but a
somewhat expensive one at that.

Would either of these work for you?