kudu-user mailing list archives

From Manuel Sopena Ballesteros <manuel...@garvan.org.au>
Subject tablet server not using all resources availables
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2019 11:37:34 GMT
Dear Kudu community,

We have a test kudu cluster with 3 vms and each one of them has a master and a tablet server.

Each vm has:
x50 vcpus
500 MB RAM
4TB virtual disks with xfs on local hypervisor nvme drives

We started an ETL process using apache spark and realised that the vms are not fully utilised
(~15 vcpus are used and the iowait time is 0). That tell us that kudu is not using all the
resources available on the machine and the system is not fully optimised.

Question:

How could we configure the tablet server to fully utilize the resources available?
Is it a good practice to run multiple tablet server on the same vm?

thank you very much

NOTICE
Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message and any attachments
are intended for the addressee named and may contain legally privileged/confidential/copyright
information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read, use, disclose, copy
or distribute this communication. If you have received this message in error please notify
us at once by return email and then delete both messages. We accept no liability for the distribution
of viruses or similar in electronic communications. This notice should not be removed.