kudu-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Barnett <mbarn...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Repair Table CONSENSUS_MISMATCH
Date Wed, 22 May 2019 16:14:31 GMT
Hi Henry,

At the risk of sounding overly-cautious, would it be possible for you to
highlight the specific section of the 'ksck' output you're talking about
and simply paste it into the email?
Just make sure it includes all information for the tablet in question,
including any consensus matrix diagrams.

Typically 'CONSENSUS_MISMATCH' is between the consensus achieved by the
replicas of a tablet themselves vs. what the Master instance(s) believe the
consensus of that replica to be.
This can happen if, for some reason, the UpdateConsensus call from the
Leader replica -> Leader Master fails to make it, be processed, etc.
We don't send full consensus configs updates in every heartbeat up to the
Masters, thus if that consensus config change doesn't go through then we
end up in the scenario you're seeing.

Usually a simple way to force an update is through the Kudu CLI, but I'll
wait to receive that specific section of the 'ksck' output before making
any recommendations (don't want to blindly recommend anything!).

Thank you,

Mitch Barnett
mbarnett@cloudera.com