lens-user mailing list archives

From "Deepak Kumar Barr (Tech_BLR)" <deepak.b...@flipkart.com>
Subject Re: Unable to start the Lens server
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 11:05:44 GMT
Hey sneh,

    The URL is incorrect. The UI is available at
http://localhost:19999/index.html

Regards,
Deepak Kumar Barr

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Sneh <shanker.sneh@myntra.com> wrote:

> Thanks Amareshwari.
>
> I built the Inmobi forked hive. HIVE_HOME is good too.
> Could go into the Hive prompt successfully.
>
> But when I start the lens-ctl, I get:
>
> EN-ShankerS:bin shanker.sneh$ sh lens-ctl start
>
> Adding hadoop libs in classpath from /Users/shanker.sneh/hadoop
>
> HIVE_HOME is set, adding
> /Users/shanker.sneh/hive-hive-release-0.13.3-inm/lib/* into lens classpath
>
> Started lens server!
>
> EN-ShankerS:bin shanker.sneh$
>

> But the "webpage is not available" at localhost:9999/lensapi/.
>
> Same error as before, which I was getting using  Hive 1.0
>
> BR,
> *Sneh*
> Engineering BI
>
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 4:03 PM, amareshwarisr . <amareshwari@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Sneh,
>>
>> Thanks for reaching out. Lens depends on a forked version of Hive as of
>> now.
>>
>> Please see
>> http://lens.incubator.apache.org/lenshome/install-and-run.html#Installing_and_Running_Lens
>> and
>> http://lens.incubator.apache.org/developer/contribute.html#Building_Hive_from_Source
>> for how to build from forked hive.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Amareshwari
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 3:55 PM, Sneh <shanker.sneh@myntra.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I am trying my hands on Lens. So need your help with this.
>>>
>>> I have HDFS & hive running on my local (Mac OS) in stand alone mode.
>>>
>>> I have my lens-site.xml as:
>>> <property>
>>>   <name>lens.server.base.url</name>
>>>   <value>localhost:9999/lensapi/</value>
>>> </property>
>>>
>>> <property>
>>>   <name>lens.server.drivers</name>
>>>
>>> <value>org.apache.lens.driver.hive.HiveDriver,org.apache.lens.driver.jdbc.JDBCDriver</value>
>>> </property>
>>>
>>> <property>
>>>   <name>lens.server.database.resource.dir</name>
>>>   <value>/tmp/lens/resources</value>
>>> </property>
>>>
>>> When I do a lens-ctl start, I get the message "Started lens server!".
>>> But the browser doesn't open the URL localhost:9999/lensapi/
>>>
>>> I am sure I am missing something very important, but unable to figure
>>> out what.
>>> So didn't try starting the client as the server URL isn't working for me.
>>>
>>> Server log says:
>>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError:
>>> HIVE_SESSION_IMPL_CLASSNAME
>>> at org.apache.lens.server.LensServices.init(LensServices.java:146)
>>> at org.apache.lens.server.LensServer.startServices(LensServer.java:133)
>>> at org.apache.lens.server.LensServer.<init>(LensServer.java:87)
>>> at org.apache.lens.server.LensServer.createLensServer(LensServer.java:76)
>>> at org.apache.lens.server.LensServer.main(LensServer.java:186)
>>>
>>> It might have something to do with hive.
> [...]

prohibited. Although Flipkart has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no
viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility
for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments