lens-user mailing list archives

From Pawan Malwal <pawan.mal...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Tableau with Lens
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2016 05:54:45 GMT
Hi Puneet,

I tried using this JDBC driver “org.apache.lens.client.jdbc.LensJdbcDriver” but it is
throwing “No suitable driver found for jdbc”.

I checked the code of LensJdbcDriver class and found that connect method is not implemented
and it just returns null. Not sure if I have done it right. Please have a look at it and let
me know your views.

https://github.com/apache/lens/blob/master/lens-client/src/main/java/org/apache/lens/client/jdbc/LensJdbcDriver.java

  public Connection connect(String s, Properties properties) throws SQLException {
    return null;
  }

Regards
Pawan Malwal

From: Puneet Gupta [mailto:puneet.gupta@inmobi.com]
Sent: 19 September 2016 21:15
To: user@lens.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tableau with Lens

Hi Pawan,

There is a JDBC driver . I think this will be the right place to look at to integrate with
tableau.
Also please note, there might be holes in JDBC driver implementation as its not tested throughly.
Do give it a try. Making minor modifications should be easy.

Code Path : lens-client/src/main/java/org/apache/lens/client/jdbc/

Thanks,
Puneet Gupta

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 6:20 PM, Pawan Malwal <pawan.malwal@huawei.com<mailto:pawan.malwal@huawei.com>>