libcloud-notifications mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "ASF GitHub Bot (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (LIBCLOUD-551) Google DNS get_record() uses a valid domain name character in split()
Date Sat, 10 May 2014 22:12:40 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD-551?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13993037#comment-13993037
] 

ASF GitHub Bot commented on LIBCLOUD-551:
-----------------------------------------

GitHub user erjohnso opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/libcloud/pull/290

    [LIBCLOUD-551] Fix Google DNS to use valid record split character

    @franckcuny - mind looking this over?
    
    I ran into this because one of my testing domains was foo-bar.com.  When trying to look
up a record with get_record(), I formed "foo-bar.com-A" and the get_records()'s split() call
failed on unpacking the string.
    
    Looking over other providers, it seems they've all settled on using ':'.  I also swapped
the record type / name ordering for unpacking to make it more compatible with the other providers.

You can merge this pull request into a Git repository by running:

    $ git pull https://github.com/erjohnso/libcloud LIBCLOUD-551_GoogleDNS

Alternatively you can review and apply these changes as the patch at:

    https://github.com/apache/libcloud/pull/290.patch

To close this pull request, make a commit to your master/trunk branch
with (at least) the following in the commit message:

    This closes #290
    
----
commit 2e6ddc5dc5b770f8cae6d5fc6ef58a8b41da5c5c
Author: Eric Johnson <erjohnso@google.com>
Date:   2014-05-08T19:35:19Z

    [LIBCLOUD-551] Fix Google DNS to use valid record split character

----


> Google DNS get_record() uses a valid domain name character in split()
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: LIBCLOUD-551
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD-551
>             Project: Libcloud
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: DNS
>         Environment: Google DNS
>            Reporter: Eric Johnson
>
> https://github.com/apache/libcloud/blob/trunk/libcloud/dns/drivers/google.py#L127
> Using the '-' should be changed to something like ':' which is not a valid character
for DNS.  This would also make the Google driver conform more closely with other provider
implementations.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.2#6252)

Mime
View raw message