libcloud-users mailing list archives

From anu <...@opencollective.in>
Subject Re: device parameter errors out while attaching a volume in openstack
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 08:12:53 GMT
Hi Markos,

Setting device parameter to None resolved the error. Openstack is now automatically assigning
a device.

driver.attach_volume(instances[0], volumes[0], device = None)

However omitting device parameter resulted in same error.

--

Greetings

Anu Bhaskar

 ---- On Thu, 01 Oct 2015 13:07:15 +0530 Markos Gogoulos &lt;mgogoulos@mist.io&gt;
wrote ----

Hi,

I haven't used these functions, but I see on

http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref-compute-v2-ext.html the device

parameter should be provided as

"Name of the device such as, /dev/vdb. Omit or set this parameter to null

for auto-assignment, if supported. If you specify this parameter, the

device must not exist in the guest operating system."

Seems that the 'auto' is reserved by the system, so attach_volume function

of compute.drivers.openstack.py should omit this parameter if it is not

specified (or if it is specified as 'auto').

Regards,

Markos