libcloud-users mailing list archives

From Markos Gogoulos <mgogou...@mist.io>
Subject Re: device parameter errors out while attaching a volume in openstack
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 07:37:15 GMT
Hi,

I haven't used these functions, but I see on
http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref-compute-v2-ext.html the device
parameter should be provided as

"Name of the device such as, /dev/vdb. Omit or set this parameter to null
for auto-assignment, if supported. If you specify this parameter, the
device must not exist in the guest operating system."

Seems that the 'auto' is reserved by the system, so attach_volume function
of compute.drivers.openstack.py should omit this parameter if it is not
specified (or if it is specified as 'auto').

Regards,
Markos